Monday, February 2, 2009

so how did I nice girl like me end up on the master cleanse?

Ahem,...... its Monday again, I am not sure how these things keep sneaking up on me. Friday I chucked the dogs, gear, etc into the truck got the step ladder out and a couple of phone books, and gleefully made myself a perch and proceded to point the wheels in the direction of the fiscally-enabling place of toil for my hunny. He was having one of "those" days - as immediately evident by red ink decorating several plan type looking papers, .... ummmm best bet here, shut mouth sit quietly and whatever you do for goodness sake DO NOT ASK when he will be finished.



Anyway after much muttering, paper shuffling and the occassional hmpht!
"Oh you are here."

I look around,.... um yes I am here.

"Well are you ready to go?"

Ummm,... lets see, I doped the big dog (just a little! All Natural supplements for doggie-be-calm or at least be doggie-less-slobbery-figity-making-everyone-miserable-in-the-car.) but just to be safe, I check - yes I have my shoes on, my coat is right here, Hmmm I feel ready to go? "Yes?"

Have I mentioned the hunny hates traffic? Only thing he hates worse than traffic is someone else driving. He states he likes it when someone else drives, but,.... having the uppity anal driving instructor in the passenger seat is not my cuppa tea. Seriously, he'd wake up from the dead to tell me that he felt the acceleration when I am passing a car,... ummm HI! isn't that kinda normal if you are passing?? So,... he drives, and I use the oh-sh-t handle. He hits the accelerator like I hit the off key on my computer on a Friday afternoon.

Anyway - 4.5 hours and five margaritas later we roll into the cabin. I slog up the driveway carrying my small metric ton of stuff, post hole my way to the outhouse to collect keys, Ah-HA! I am so smug in my abilities I unlock all four locks it take to get in and head out to help with rest of items,... and whoops! This is when my karma for disaster strikes. I let the inner door close and it decides to yeah! Lock me out! Now isn't this funny? For some reason I am not humor-enabled by this. And the engineer I brought promptly starts swearing up a blue streak ( so *that's* what it sounds like!!) and crabbing about more DRIVING.

Anyway while he was having fits and frothing at the mouth while rolling in crusty snow and cursing the universe - I found a Costco card and HI! the bottom lock ain't all that secure, tis prolly why there are three other locks,.... of course now hunny is very suspicious and is now convinced that good hard working Oregon boys, do not have the deviousness of mid-west girls. Hmmmm I thought it was common sense,.. who knew? Damn and I thought I led a mundane and deprived childhood,....


Rest of weekend was uneventful, the usual stuff - he insists MUST leave by noon on Sunday, it the GAME the only REAL sport and despite it is not our team - we MUST be fans and watch. So after getting up at the crack of 9 am he went back to bed around 10 am. Hmmm I never did get how this works? Hi! We are in car by a little before one. And Hunny is giving my looks because,... I am wearing my gaitors. He looks pointedly at them and says "?" HA! I know you silly engineer man - but I simply archly smile and say "oh easier than carrying them?" which sets him happily settling into his favorite activity "why engineers always make the best choices" complete with head shaking, and tsking. But its okay cause I know hunny's self-promotion is worth about as much as the bovine grass recycling ovoids!

So yes shortly down the road - he pulls over. Now there is a rule on hwy 12 about having less than 5 cars following - but knowing math is not my strong subject, I decide not to mention that there are ZERO cars behind us. More muttering and then the casual - "oh hey - there is a cache right here."

I know the proper counter phrase - how far hunny? Just Three-Eighths! Joy! Okay,... ummm is it up that hill-mountain-cliff thingie? Just a little, well maybe at the ridge, or just a little over towards the top. Sigh,... actually huff huff huff my way up hill - to a man-cave! its a lovely view, snap the appropriate pictures, smooch the hunny, and try to ignore the rock twice the size of my head that just let loose and went flying down the hillside. FD is looking at me like ??? how did nice girls like us get here?

But we made it down to the truck. And my gaitors,.... hehehehe they are STILL da bom,... were definitely the right choice cause hunny is pouring rocks outta his boots,... :)

1 comment: