Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Why I am a homebody!

Hi!

Tuesday! Its Tuesday! Usually this is a good thing, except I seem to have a Monday occurring on my Tuesday.

So,... as an EA - I get to book travel! Do you know why this is a skill? Because executives are worse than spoiled rich children. I can book travel in 10 minutes using our system no problem and each time I initially purchase a trip I hit that "Purchase Trip" button knowing, no matter what, that:

A. It is wrong
B. It won't be wrong until we can pay the max last minute change fee

I booked three weeks ago with the vague hope that it was OK. After all we have lots of new travel restrictions. But yesterday, it reared its ugly head,... starting with the horror of the "Holiday Inn Express". I apparently inflicted a near fatal wound by using an approved, preferred compliant hotel through our travel service. Apparently, only at a Hyatt will she be spared a horrible lingering malady, global terrorism, or scratchy towels.

I rebooked the damned hotel. I printed up mapquest maps, printed itinarary.

"eh,... hemmm"

I look up suspiciously.

"Can we rebook my flight?Book me one for early morning, but get all the pricing info first so I can see how much it costs to change the flight."

(begin banging head on wall, I just rebooked the hotel less than an hour ago)

So I call to speak to a real person this time - because at this point I need to rebook a flight, a hotel, and a rental car *AND* be thrifty! Ummm yeah,... right. So, somehow I manage to get a hold of a real person, and really while I am talking to the nice lady, the monster rears up again.

"eh,... Hemmm"

No no no not again!!!!

"Can I get a late morning flight?"

Whack head on wall repeatedly. Tell nice lady - please rebook that flight again.

2 comments: