Thursday, January 29, 2009

Deep thoughts for a caffine starved brain?

Hi!

I thought I was going to write some cutsie entry about how I got here, ya know that all-about-me-me-me stuff? But it gave me bloggers block, so you can just figure me out as I go,,...

So, I was on my way to work - I ride the bus alot - its fun! You would not believe the things I learn on the bus! Who needs to read the paper when I have sideburn-boy and tight-shoe-lady? Today's topic! Post office wants to cut a day back. They hemmed and hawed about whether we should have no Saturdays or no Tuesdays? Tuesdays just will not work for tight-shoe-lady and she must have Saturday mail. After all how else will we office worker types make it to the post office? I had to ponder a moment, I try NEVER to go to the post office unless I must. I'd be okay without Saturday delievery - I love going away for the weekend.


Usually I look for a bench seat at the front of the bus, but today - the first available seat was a regular one - and both seats are empty - woo! So I grab the one by the window, and then, as I am settling in my bag - I see the error in my ways! Its red-gym-bag lady! She's not a daily commuter but she's memorable for a single reason - you remember the Matrix? Where the talk about how folks in the matrix project themselves by residual self imagine? Okay Red-gym-bag lady needs a tune up to hers - if I was House - I would probably diagnose her with a rare right brain tumor or something. But I see her eyeballing the seat next to me and before my half tank of caffine stimulated grey matter can make any adjustments she plops into that empty seat next to me - and as always, she misses! Which lands her partially in my lap, fortunately she's well padded, and slides off my lap and into her seat - which is now really all of her seat and about a third of mine.

Now the rest of the bus ride, I am left wondering. Is she unaware that she a repeat lap invader? Does she know that Americans have one of the largest personal space zones of any culture? Or is this something she does on purpose? Is this her way of thumbing her nose at us all? Or is she misjudging the spatial relationship between certain parts of her body in relation to the seat? Could this be corrected with eyewear? A mirror? And lastly - why does no one ever says anything about it to her? Why didn't I say, ahem, please try not to squash me today? Please, I've been good! I have not kicked any puppies, I use the revolving door at work so not to waste energy, I put my papers in the recycle bin! I am truly trying to recuce my carbon footprint and create positive karma!

Anyway, I think I will go find that second half tank of caffine goodness and get started on the day!

1 comment: